It is Friends Friday. Today we are highlighting our fabulous instructions coach, Mrs. June Lopez. Mrs. Lopez has been here at Brookside for the past two years. She will help teachers with anything they need. She comes in and teaches lessons, works one on one with students, tests kids and more. We are lucky to have Mrs. Lopez helping us here at Brookside.
- Pizza: Almost any pizza as long as it has the thinnest crust possible!
- book/author: If I had to choose just one, which is very difficult (especially without having a genre given), I’d have to choose Amelia Bedelia
- Ice cream: Vanilla is the best ice cream flavor!
- Sport: I love Football!
- Color: Pink in any shade wins my vote for favorite color!
- Snack: I could eat Milano Mint Chocolate cookies all day!
- Zoo Animal: If you’ve heard and seen a lion roar at the zoo, you might agree they’re the best!
- Recess Game: I loved playing tetherball, even against the teachers!
What do you love to do on the weekend? Reading is a great weekend activity, until my grandchild gets here (but then I’ll just read to him/her)!
If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would it be? Ramona Quimby would be a fun lunch friend for a day!
Who is your favorite teacher and why? My third grade teacher- Mrs. Georgia Davison is still my favorite teacher! She was the friendliest, most supportive teacher.
If you were given $1000 - what would you buy? A trip to New York for 4/5 days would cost about $1,000.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night? You’re the Inspiration by Chicago is easy to sing along to.
Who or what inspires you? Teachers of Instagram that take the time to share how they create: a welcoming classroom community, positive learning environment, developmentally appropriate/rigorous/meaningful activities, and keep their rooms a fun place to be!
Memory of school: I remember reading every day in third grade. We had DEAR time which was my favorite because I was finally able to read my favorite books without being interrupted!
What is your favorite thing to teach every year? Again, choosing one favorite when it comes to teaching is hard (there’s so many fun things) but the most rewarding for me is helping students improve their writing & reading skills!
What is the best thing about your job? Who wouldn’t love getting to work with amazing teachers/staff/students/and parents!
#brooksidetigers #tigerpride #brooksidestudents #DiscoverPowerWithin #nebohero #NeboSchoolDistrict #studentsuccess #empowerstudents #engagestudents #focusonstudents #loveUTpublicschools #utpol #uted #ThankATeacher #LoveTeaching #iteachtoo