May 18, 2020
It was so good to see everyone this past week as students came to pick up their belongings. It was a great way for us to connect, even just a little. Thank you! As we approach the end of the year, here is some important information:
- We have the great opportunity for your student to still have access to iReady for both reading and math this summer (until July 30th). Simply working for an hour a week in each of the reading and math programs could really help your child maintain his/her learning over the summer. To ensure your child receives lessons and instruction on their level, it is necessary for them to take a diagnostic test. This test will be available for students after May 20th. I have attached some useful information regarding the diagnostic test and taking it at home (this information is also on our website). The effort given to taking the test will make the time spent on IReady Reading and Math more effective and is worth the time. This is an awesome way to bridge the summer and COVID loss of learning. Let us know if you have any questions.
- The parent survey concerning classroom placement for next year will be available until 3:00 pm on May 22nd. If you would like to give me feedback about your student’s placement for next year, please contact the office and Laurie or Liz will send you the link to the survey. You can call the office at 801-489-2830 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to request the link.
- Yearbooks have been ordered but it is not likely they will arrive before the last day of school. As soon as they arrive, I will let you know. If you are still interested in purchasing a yearbook, you can pay through Venmo -- Venmo @BrooksidespringvillePTA . Please include student name, grade and teacher as a comment with your payment. If you are unable to use Venmo, you can mail a cash or check payment to the school with your student's information included. Please write Attention: Yearbook on the envelope. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Cardenas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-830-9826. Thank you!
- Chromebooks and/or devices that have been checked out from the school will be collected on May 26th, 27th, and 28th. You can bring them into the office from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Please bring it back fully charged so we can assess if it is in working order and return it to the classroom. Please make sure you bring back the charging cord as well.
- Please be looking for library books and return them to the school. Thank you!
Also, there is some important information posted on Brookside’s website regarding summer lunches and other activities. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you! Have a great evening!