Mrs. Lois Hardy is our new instructional coach this year. She teaches the teachers and the students. Mrs. Hardy has been working in this position for the past four years. We are excited to have Lois join our faculty.
Lois graduated from North Allegheny High in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She then went to Brigham Young University in Provo and received a Bachelors in Elementary Education. She recently received a Masters of Education from BYU this last summer. She has a reading specialist certificate from the University of South Dakota and a coaching endorsement and administrative endorsement on her teaching license.
Mrs. Hardy grew up in South Jordan, Utah but then her family relocated to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where she attended high school. She has 2 teenage boys and 1 cute little dog. She loves to run, play the piano and organ, read books, and dabble in art. On the weekends, you can usually find Lois listening to an audiobook while she draws (after her chores are done, of course). Mrs. Hardy loves a white sandy beach and blue ocean; since that is not close, she’ll take the red rocks and blue sky in Moab, Utah.
- What are you looking forward to most about this school year? “Meeting the teachers, staff, and students at Brookside. This will be a new school assignment for me and I love getting to know those who I work with on a more personal level. And I love to find out a teacher’s reason for teaching.”
- What do you love about your job? “All of it!! I love working alongside teachers as they learn new curriculum, new ways to teach, fine tune a teaching practice, or just find materials & resources which may help them. I also love teaching in the classroom, getting a feel for what the teacher goes through daily, and also getting to know the students”
- Share your favorite quote or two. "A person's a person, no matter how small." Dr. Seuss and "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living." - Dr. Seuss
- What is something no one may know about you? “I have a love affair with the cinema and often am found watching new movies on opening night.”
- Is there anything else you would like parents and/or students to know about you? “I am allergic to corn, wheat and soy. So if I am ever given food I prefer it to be in the form of flavored water and gum. Also, I love Fizz and Swig. Yum, yum!”
#brooksidetigers #tigerpride #brooksidestudents #NeboHero #NeboSchoolDistrict #StudentSuccess #EmpowerStudents #EngageStudents #FocusOnStudents #LoveUTpublicSchools #UtPol #UtEd #ThankATeacher #LoveTeaching