I may be slow this year, but we want to spotlight our fabulous new staff. First up will be Mrs. Sarah Hatch. Let's learn a little about Mrs. Harch.
Mrs. Sarah Hatch is our new 6th grade teacher. This is her intern year, she spent some time at Brookside last year, but the time was cut short. Did you know that Mrs. Hatch attended Brookside when she was in elementary school? Welcome to Brookside, Mrs. Hatch!
On the weekend, Mrs. Hatch loves to spend time with my husband, McKay!
If you could have lunch with a fictional character, who would it be? Samwise Gamgee
Who was your favorite teacher and why? “Mrs. Leeks, she knew her history and was passionate about it. I learned so much from her.”
If you were given $1000 - what would you buy? “With a million dollars I would buy a nice house. With 1,000 dollars I think I would buy a better phone.”
What song would you sing at Karaoke night? You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
Who or what inspires you? Sue Rawle, she is someone who is positive about everything even when life gets tough, which it always does.
Share a memory or two of school:
- I remember my friend and I at recess in 3rd grade would read Shel Silverstein poems.
- I remember we would write and illustrate stories all the time. The teachers would let you sit in the authors seat and read it to the class when you finished. I loved that part of the day. Now going back and reading them..... wow I was a great story teller.
What is your favorite thing to teach every year? That learning is fun!
What is the best thing about your job? To be with so many young people!
- Pizza: Barbeque Chicken from Pier 49
- book/author: Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
- Ice cream: Rocky Mountain
- Sport: Tennis
- Color: Lime Green
- Snack: Popcorn with lots of butter!
- Zoo Animal: Giraffe
- Favorite recess activity: Play basketball with the boys so my friend could flirt with them
If Mrs. Hatch could give you just two pieces of advice they would be: You can do hard things! Also always choose to be kind!
#brooksidetigers #tigerpride #brooksidestudents #BeTheMagic #NeboHero #NeboSchoolDistrict #StudentSuccess #EmpowerStudents #EngageStudents #FocusOnStudents #LoveUTpublicSchools #UtPol #UtEd #ThankATeacher #LoveTeaching #covid19 #staywellnebo