You are here
The results of our online voting for next year's PTA officers are as follows:
Rachel Cardenas is elected as presidentSarah DeLlamas is elected as treasurerTess Jones is elected as secretaryPresident Elect- position is still open. If you are interested please let me know. We'd love to have you! Thank you to all of you who voted in our online election. A huge thank you to our outgoing secretary Terelyn Killpack for all her service this past year. Also thank you to each of you who volunteered at the school this year. Thank you to the wonderful folks who served as committee chairs! We are so blessed to have the support of parents, teachers and volunteers. We truly could not do it without you! Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again in the fall.
2019-2020 PTA President801-830-9826
Our important and valued Brookside Elementary PTA is in need of positions to be urgently filled. Our returning president Rachel Cardenas needs a vice president and a secretary. Both positions don't require much of a time commitment. Just a short monthly meeting and email/text communication occationally. Please contact the office at 801-489-2830 or Rachel for questions or to volunteer. We need you!
May 22, 2020
Thank you for a wonderful year! It has been crazy and I don’t think any of us imagined it would end this way. We have missed our daily interaction with you and with our wonderful students. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we have adjusted to the changes we encountered. I am so appreciative to our students, parents, teachers, and staff members for their positivity, flexibility and resilience during this time. I will keep you posted as I receive information concerning returning to school in the fall and the COVID-19 situation.
I feel so fortunate to work with all of you and I am grateful for your involvement and support! We have much to celebrate as a Brookside community and I feel privileged to be a part of it. I am so proud of our 6th grade graduates! We will miss them next year and I wish them all the best as they enter junior high.
Just as a reminder, we will be collecting devices Tuesday, May 26th through Thursday, May 28th. You can bring them in any time between 8:00 and 1:00. Please make sure they are fully charged and the power cord is included.
Again, thank you for a great year and I hope you have a wonderful and safe summer!
This year, we have two amazing people retiring. Mrs. Rebecca Jorgensen, second grade teacher, and Mrs. Brenda Wesson, school psychologist. Both of these women have been fixtures at Brookside for many years. They are amazing coworkers, teachers, counselors, and friends. They have the children’s best interest at heart. They are loved by both staff and students. We are sad to see them go and wish them the best of luck in all their future endeavors.
They were asked to share what Brookside has meant to them. Here is what they said.
“Brookside 2nd grade has been my second home for 15 wonderful years. I love working with children and seeing the lights go on. I love the challenge of teaching the core in a way that students are engaged and love learning. I wanted my students to love reading and learning for their life not just to pass a test. There are so many things I will miss. I don't even want to get started but I will miss our read alouds where we think about our reading and discuss it. I have worked and learned from some of the best people. Teaching has been my passion, hobby, and main genre and now it's time to find some new ones.”
“My career as a school psychologist has included six wonderful years at Brookside Elementary. It all started as a principal's request to have me join the Brookside team, with a focus on pre-intervention strategies and assistance for teachers. From that focused beginning, I have learned so much about the strength of cohesive school teams and the positive impact for children. I am truly grateful for the experiences I have had with wonderful faculty, parents and students. I am also amazed at the growth and progress of our school to the point where we have so many targeted resources to help students and teachers! So the thing I will miss the most is working together with my Brookside family...but I can still claim you! You mean so much to me and my happiest memories are being part of a team that believes in each other and the ability of kids to succeed.”
#brooksidetigers #tigerpride #brooksidestudents #DiscoverPowerWithin #nebohero #NeboSchoolDistrict #studentsuccess #empowerstudents #engagestudents #focusonstudents #loveUTpublicschools #utpol #uted #ThankATeacher #LoveTeaching #iteachtoo
Tabitha’s Way is committed to helping all of our neighbors have access to enough food, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Tabitha’s Way is here to help.
If your family is in need of food, visit Tabitha’s at
45 East 100 North, Spanish Fork, UT 84660.
For faster service pre-register at
https://tabithaswaysouth.org/get-help/(link is external)
Drive-Thru Emergency Food Distribution
Tuesday - Friday
12:30 to 2:00 p.m.
Please bring picture ID
Make sure your trunk is cleared
Please remain in your vehicle
If you are sick, please STAY HOME, and have
someone pick up on your behalf.
Governor Gary R. Herbert has declared May 2020 as Utah Resilience Month. In celebration, we have forwarded his second email message to you with the following 2 links.:
- Utah Resilience Month Parent Packet #1
- Tribute Video In Honor of Our Education Heroes, with a special message from Governor Gary R. Herbert
We send our heart-felt thanks for all you do!
The Resilient Utah Team
May 18, 2020
It was so good to see everyone this past week as students came to pick up their belongings. It was a great way for us to connect, even just a little. Thank you! As we approach the end of the year, here is some important information:
- We have the great opportunity for your student to still have access to iReady for both reading and math this summer (until July 30th). Simply working for an hour a week in each of the reading and math programs could really help your child maintain his/her learning over the summer. To ensure your child receives lessons and instruction on their level, it is necessary for them to take a diagnostic test. This test will be available for students after May 20th. I have attached some useful information regarding the diagnostic test and taking it at home (this information is also on our website). The effort given to taking the test will make the time spent on IReady Reading and Math more effective and is worth the time. This is an awesome way to bridge the summer and COVID loss of learning. Let us know if you have any questions.
- The parent survey concerning classroom placement for next year will be available until 3:00 pm on May 22nd. If you would like to give me feedback about your student’s placement for next year, please contact the office and Laurie or Liz will send you the link to the survey. You can call the office at 801-489-2830 or email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to request the link.
- Yearbooks have been ordered but it is not likely they will arrive before the last day of school. As soon as they arrive, I will let you know. If you are still interested in purchasing a yearbook, you can pay through Venmo -- Venmo @BrooksidespringvillePTA . Please include student name, grade and teacher as a comment with your payment. If you are unable to use Venmo, you can mail a cash or check payment to the school with your student's information included. Please write Attention: Yearbook on the envelope. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Cardenas at email@example.com or 801-830-9826. Thank you!
- Chromebooks and/or devices that have been checked out from the school will be collected on May 26th, 27th, and 28th. You can bring them into the office from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Please bring it back fully charged so we can assess if it is in working order and return it to the classroom. Please make sure you bring back the charging cord as well.
- Please be looking for library books and return them to the school. Thank you!
Also, there is some important information posted on Brookside’s website regarding summer lunches and other activities. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you! Have a great evening!