Mrs. Caroline Tautu is one of our amazing first grade teachers. You can always count on her to have a smile on her face and a positive attitude. We are lucky to have this beloved teacher working here at Brookside.
On the weekend, Mrs. Tautu loves to spend time with her husband Austin and their families. They like to go to the gym, relax at home, go on hikes with their dog Kona and go out to eat with their friends!
If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would it be? “This is hard! I guess I would have to go back to my childhood with this one as well and say Willy Wonka! I loved that book in the 3rd grade and the movies as well. He would be very interesting to eat lunch with! :)”
Who was your favorite teacher and why? “I had two favorite teachers growing up. One was my fourth grade teacher, I remember every lesson being super interesting and she always made me feel important. My other favorite teacher was one of my junior high teachers that I had every year for a couple different subjects. She genuinely got to know her students and encouraged me. She complimented my work and made me feel like I was seen in her class.”
If given $1000, she would probably buy clothes, groceries, random things she want from amazon or a new furniture/decorations for her house!
For karaoke night, Mrs. Tautu would choose to sing: Love Will Find a Way by Christina Aguilera
Who or what inspires you? Mrs. Tautu says, “I am inspired all the time by many different things in my life! I am always inspired by those that I love and are close to me. My husband inspires me because he works really hard every day and comes home with a smile on his face. Its a rare day if you hear Austin complaining about something. He always reminds me that worrying it suffering twice! One thing I turn to if I am lacking inspiration is I find quotes or even just one word that carries value for me and post it somewhere where I can read it every day. It gives me a little boost and pushes me to do better and be better.”
Share a memory or two of school: Two of the strongest memories of mine in elementary school both include me winning a drawing! Apparently, I was very lucky in my younger days!
- When I was in second grade I put my name in a drawing to take home our class guinea pigs at the end of the year. I was so excited when I won the drawing but my mom was a little upset. I hadn't asked her if I could enter the drawing in the first place! We took the two guinea pigs home and lived our their days with us!
- I remember in Kindergarten the 2002 Olympics were in Salt Lake! Each class had a drawing and one kid got to ride a bus up to Salt Lake and watch a cross country skiing event. I won the drawing in my class and ended up meeting a new friend on the bus that I am still friends with today!
What is your favorite thing to teach every year? “I love teaching our "How To" writing unit! It's so fun to see what the kids decided to write about and their stories always turn out awesome.”
What is the best thing about your job? “I think the best part of my job is who I get to work with. They make my job different every day, new and exciting and entertaining! They make me laugh and keep me on my toes. They teach me a lot about myself and I love coming to work everyday because of them.”
- Pizza:Sausage and olive pizza from Mod Pizza!
- book/author:I have always loved the book Charlotte's Web ever since I was a little girl! It will forever be my favorite.
- Ice cream:I really love pineapple ice cream! A dole whip float is my very favorite treat!
- Sport:My favorite sport to play is Volleyball! My favorite sport to watch is football.
- Color: I love any neutral color! I wear a lot of gray, tan and black, it sounds boring, but it's the truth!
- Snack:I love cottage cheese with grapes or pineapple for a snack!
- Zoo Animal:I love to see the giraffes when I go to the zoo!
- Recess game:I loved to do anything as long as I was with my friends. We loved to play soccer with the boys or jump rope, double dutch was our favorite.
#brooksidetigers #tigerpride #brooksidestudents #DiscoverPowerWithin #nebohero #NeboSchoolDistrict #studentsuccess #empowerstudents #engagestudents #focusonstudents #loveUTpublicschools #utpol #uted #ThankATeacher #LoveTeaching #iteachtoo